Your Leader's Guide includes everything you need to know about participating in the Youth Uplift Challenge, including tips on how to engage your team members in making a hand and lending a hand.
To fully engage with the Youth Uplift Challenge, we hope you’ll use the Learning Resources and tools to help broaden what you and your students know about global poverty and poverty in the United States. These lessons bring better understanding to many of the causes, relationships, and financial and social realities that people living in poverty experience globally. We encourage you to adapt each to your own age groups and learning goals; additionally creating and seeking out others that align most closely with your student’s educational needs.
Making and Mailing Hands Instruction Guide
Everything you need to know about making hands, mailing and sending digital submissions, and taking local actions can be found here!
Need a simple, easy-to-read document about the Youth Uplift Challenge? Use our downloadable Fact Sheet!
Telling Our Stories
Telling Our Stories: Understanding Opportunities and Obstacles of Youth is a new curriculum from Students Rebuild and Global Nomads Group that will help young people explore the essential question:
How might we, as students, better understand the opportunities and obstacles youth face around the world?
Through self-reflection and teamwork, this resource will support students to challenge their assumptions and prepare for meaningful engagement in the spring webcast.
Need a poster to promote your participation in the Youth Uplift Challenge, or an upcoming hand art making event? Download one below:
|Download Poster 4|
Use the cover photo and sample posts below to promote your participation in the Youth Uplift Challenge on social media!
Sample Facebook Posts
- Make a hand, lend a hand. Take the Youth Uplift Challenge & @StudentsRebuild will donate up to $500K to @SaveTheChildren’s youth opportunity programs. How many children can you help us reach? http://www.studentsrebuild.org #YouthUplift
- This school year, the @StudentsRebuild Youth Uplift Challenge will support learning and well-being for students in Nicaragua and Indonesia. Make a hand, lend a hand, and help generate up to $500K for @SaveTheChildren’s youth empowerment programs. Sign up today! http://www.studentsrebuild.org #YouthUplift
- Did you know? Millions of youth around the world live on less than $1.90 per day. When you make a hand and lend a hand in the Youth Uplift Challenge, the Bezos Family Foundation will match each hand made with $1.90 – up to $500K – for @SaveTheChildren’s youth opportunity programs. Take the Challenge today! http://www.studentsrebuild.org #YouthUplift
- Make a hand, lend a hand. Take the @StudentsRebuild #YouthUplift Challenge & generate $ for @SaveTheChildren http://www.studentsrebuild.org
- Join @SaveTheChildren @Global_Nomads & @StudentsRebuild #YouthUplift Challenge! Every hand = $1.90 to help kids! http://www.studentsrebuild.org
- A creative way to help!Take @StudentsRebuild Challenge, make & lend a hand,raise $ for @SaveTheChildren http://www.studentsrebuild.org #YouthUplift
Head to our YouTube channel for all videos related to the Youth Uplift Challenge, including a Challenge overview sketch and a how-to video for making hand art.
Need more Youth Uplift Challenge photos, or want to see some of the participating teams in action? Visit our Facebook page for the most updated photo albums.
Have you made and mailed your hand art in already? Congratulations! Download your participation certificate here. Thank you for taking the Youth Uplift Challenge!