Do more for the Democratic Republic of the Congo or Somalia.
Want to go further? Check out the following resources for some ways to learn more about the issues surrounding this challenge's spotlight countries and some other organizations doing great work.
- Follow Somali Youth Platform- providing a comprehensive and collaborative web platform for mobilizing progressive Somali youth initiatives, associations and networks worldwide.
- Check out K'Naan's official site (and read his recent op-ed from the New York Times)
- Learn about the History of Somalia
- See who's doing what, where on the NGO Horn of Africa aid map
- Create a Google Alert for Somalia
- Read Oxfam America's Somali Famine Analysis
- Check out the Kenya/Somalia Blog
- Look at UN Central Emergency Response Fund
The Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Get involved in the Falling Whistles Campaign, a whistleblowing effort supporting peace in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Check out SHONA- Crafts from the Congo by women with disabilities
- Follow the work of the Enough Project- dedicated to ending genocide and crimes against humanity, and preventing them from occurring in the future
- Advocate with Raise Hope for Congo for the human rights of all Congolese citizens and work towards ending the ongoing conflict in eastern Congo
- Get involved with Friends of the Congo- Raising consciousness and supporting Congolese institutions as they strive to bring about peaceful and lasting change
- Run for Congo Women, a Global run/walk event benefitting Women for Women International - DRC
- Learn about Women for Women International- DRC
- Listen to Radio Okapi programming (French) and read articles from the Democratic Republic of the Congo's leading radio network
- Create a Google Alert for Democratic Republic of Congo (in French or English)
- Check out US Congress's Dodd-Frank Act- (Did you know Conflict Mineral regulation is included in this Wall St. Reform Bill? Check out section 1502 (pg. 838)
- Read Brooking Institute’s Assessment of the Dodd-Frank Act’s impact on Conflict Minerals in the Democratic Republic of the Congo